Hello App Users and Future App Users,
We have some upcoming changes to our hospital app that we want to let you know about.
- You will need to notify our staff that you have the app when you come in to make a purchase
- You will need to scan your rewards based on your purchase
- The loyalty stamp will NO LONGER automatically get added to your account.
- Similar to other loyalty rewards, YOU
Preparing for Surgery
Your intake appointment will last approximately 15 minutes. You may complete your surgical pet history form online and hit the submit button to send it directly to us. Follow this link to complete your form online Surgical Pet History Form If you are unable to bring your pet in yourself, please make sure that the person who will be bringing your pet in has general knowledge of your pet and is authorized to give written consent to surgical consent forms and estimates. We are happy to make other arrangements for you if necessary.
We will schedule your appointment for discharge when you drop off. Please allow about 15 minutes for this appointment. You will receive discharge instructions and can have any questions concerning recovery answered at this time. Please note that the discharge appointments are between 5 pm and 7 pm in order to provide our staff enough time to recover all surgery patients for the day, prior to beginning our discharge appointments. Discharge appointments for declaw surgeries will be scheduled for the day following the surgery.
Feeding and medication instructions for surgery are as follows:
• No food after 10 pm the night before surgery.
• Please allow your pet to have access to water throughout the night until you bring him or her in to be dropped off.
• If your pet is on medication we want you to give it as scheduled. Please let the nurse know what medications you have given that morning. If you have questions about your pet's medication let us know beforehand and we can speak with your doctor and verify instructions for you.
• Owners of diabetic pets, please call for feeding and insulin instructions. Instructions may be patient specific so we need to verify with the doctor if you have not already discussed this. Do not withhold food and give insulin!
We will call you 2 days prior to surgery to confirm your appointment. If you have any questions at any time, please feel free to call us at 210-695-4455. You can also email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please keep in mind that the order of procedures is determined by the doctor on the day of surgery once all patients have been checked in. We will make every effort to contact you regarding your pet's status by 2:30 p.m.. If you have not heard from us by then, please feel free to call and you will be directly connected to your pet's nurse. Please reference your pet's name when calling.
Since some decisions are time sensitive, it is extremely important that you provide a telephone number where you can be reached while your pet is here with us. We want to assure you that your pet's health and well-being are our top priority and we take the trust you place in us very seriously. Thank you for choosing Hill Country Animal Hospital and we look forward to working with you to ensure that your pet lives a long and healthy life.
If you have been looking for an alternative to elizabethan collars, your search is over! The Palms Pet Resort & Spa now carries Cover Me pet onesies by Tui. These onesies are 100% hypoallergenic cotton with convenient potty flap.Read more »
We want to say thank you to all of our clients for your continued loyalty and support.
Part of our thanks means us providing tools to make things more convenient for our clients and that is why we are rolling out a new feature called the HCAH App. If you downloaded our old app, rest assured that this one is very useful and interactive! You will now be able to earn a future discount with the purchases you are making with us.
Read more »
From Our Blog:
Does Your Pet Have Anxiety on July 4th?
What is Noise Aversion or Noise Anxiety? Have you ever wondered if your pet suffers from anxiety that is related to noise like fireworks, thunderstorms or even just loud noises? This is called noise aversion and it is a real problem for many pets. Since Fourth of July is fast approaching, this is a wonderful […]Read More
National Heat Awareness Day
May 31st is the National Weather Service’s National Heat Awareness Day and this is perfect timing for us to remind you to be careful out there! The heat is something that we are all too used to here in south Texas butRead More