Compassionate Veterinary Care for Your Pet
Our Coronavirus Protocols
June 26, 2020
We now find ourselves going back to our COVID-19 protocols here at the hospital. This means that we will be going back to operating semi-curbside. In case you don’t know what this means our operations are as follows:
- We are not allowing clients into the building for appointments except for euthanasia appointments.
- Pets that are here for appointments are being transferred in the lobby from owner to employee to have their appointment completed in the building while owners wait in their cars.
- We ARE requiring ALL clients to wear face masks when they approach the door to interact with our staff. When interacting with staff, especially to hand off a pet, social distancing cannot be maintained so donning a mask is important. This is for your protection, our protection and the protection of our families.
- All appointment communications are being conducted by phone.
- Prescription orders and food orders are being called in and paid for by phone and picked up at the front door.
- If you are here for an appointment and want to go to Sonic to get a drink we have no problem with that as long as you keep your phone on. We know it is getting warmer and we do not have much shade.
- We have provided multiple outside seating options where you can wait for your pet if you like. We have a shaded picnic table and 2 shaded benches on the opposite side of the parking lot.
This protocol has worked well but if we make changes, we will let you know. We want to thank all our wonderful clients who have supported our efforts to stay operating in a safe environment for us.
We appreciate everyone’s patience and support during these unusual circumstances. Please know that we are doing the best job we can do. While your pet is in for his or her appointment we are doing our best to spoil him. We know that some are nervous without you and we care about that. We remain steadfast with our promise to treat your pet like one of our own while they are in our care. We realize these are stressful times but if we work together we can all get through this!
Founded in 1999 by Dr. James Peterson, Hill Country Animal Hospital provides high-quality, comprehensive care for cats and dogs. With state-of-the-art technology and a full spectrum of services, we specialize in exceeding the expectations of all our clients. Our friendly and experienced team is dedicated to exceptional care, from wellness exams to advanced diagnostic procedures. At Hill Country Animal Hospital, we look forward to being your pet’s veterinary home. Make an appointment and meet us today.
Our veterinary practice is proud to be accredited by the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA), which sets the highest standards of quality veterinary care. This distinction is achieved by fewer than 15 percent of animal hospitals throughout the US. Though accreditation is voluntary, we at Hill Country Animal Hospital proudly display AAHA’s logo as a sign of our dedication to modern, professional veterinary medicine.
At Hill Country Animal Hospital, we provide a range of services, including:
Contact us today to set up an appointment or learn more about how Hill Country Animal Hospital can best serve your pet.
From Our Blog:
COVID-19 Gave Us New Lives
Covid 19, Coronavirus and Pets COVID-19 and the Coronavirus are on everyone’s mind right now and rightly so. We want to make sure we provide you with timely and useful information regarding how you and your pet can stay safe and healthy. Read on to learn more about pets and Coronavirus.Read More
November is Pet Diabetes Awareness Month
While there are some obvious similarities in human diabetes and diabetes in our pets, we tend to approach treatment a little differently in pets. Let’s review and see how much you know about diabetes in pets! WHAT IS DIABETES? Diabetes Mellitus occurs when your pet’s body produces too little insulin, stops making insulin completely or […]Read More